To receive a cosmetology license in Wyoming or a license in one of the other beauty practitioner disciplines in this state you have to attend a licensed school and complete the minimum required training hours before you can take the state’s board exams. These required training hours are specified by the Wyoming Board of Cosmetology. After you pass the exam you can apply for the license. The fee for the license application is $96. Additional fees for the examination may also apply.
Minimum required training hours
- Cosmetologist license: 2000 hours
- Hairstylist license: 1000 hours
- Baber license: 1500 hours
- Esthetician license: 600 hours
- Manicurist license: 400 hours